Friday, June 17, 2016

Nothing Like Comfort Foods

There's nothing like  roast, potatoes, and carrots in the crockpot!  And what makes it even more special and yummy is great seasonings and fresh herbs from the garden!


When I think of roast, potatoes, and carrots, I think of "comfort food".  My Momma (who was by far the best cook of everything) made an amazing roast!  I will never claim to make anything better than my momma (I can NEVER come close to anything she cooked/baked) but this sure was yummy!  Here's what I did....
I used bourbon brown sugar rub and sea salt on my roast, then put it in the crockpot with chunks of onion with water to cover it all.  

After it cooked for about four hours, I added potatoes and fresh rosemary from my herb garden.  About two hours after that I added  carrots. 
 It has been in the crockpot about eight hours now, and it smells and tastes amazing!  
So share your recipes that include rosemary!  I also have greek oregano and sweet basil growing...I'd love ideas on recipes using those, as well!

Cottage Blessings,





4 comments:

  1. Yummy! This is my kind of roast! Looks so good. One thing I've been doing for a few years is use Golden Mushroom Soup with water to cover my roast as it cooks. It's wonderful as it is so tasty and makes gravy! Maybe you'll try it sometimes. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds wonderful! I will try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE blog visitors, so please leave me a message so I know you were here! I'll come visit you, as well! Chippy White Cottage Blessings, Rebecca