Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder...

I'm pretty sure the title of this post is an idiom...Sorry, I've been teaching idioms to my fourth graders this week.  They are everywhere!  LOL

Anyway, I do believe that idiom to be true!  What I might find beautiful might be dreadful to some.  Personally I find anything  CHIPPY*SHABBY*PEELING to be glorious!  Let me show you what I mean......
How positively, imperfectly PERFECT is this door!?!
Let's see MORE...
I think that in any shabby/chippy room, a peeling-paint door is a staple! 

This particular door, in my living room, has been the back drop to all holiday decorations,

as well as, "art" for my wall in between holidays! 
Old windows can be both artful and functional! This vintage window (that my bestie gave me) gives a shabby feel to this wall, as well as, doubling as a picture frame.  Whether left to its original shabby chicness... or "artsy'd up" like mine, it makes for a great art piece!  That's my grangirl by the way....and if you were wondering....Yeah, she hung the moon!  LOL

Millinery Flowers are a must in a shabby chic room! 

Faded*Floppy*Tattered....the more the better!
Especially if they are CREAM, PINK, or AQUA!!!
And some real cotton picks in a shabby metal bucket....all the more better!
Any room that is fortunate to have a shabby mantel is "stylin' " as far a shabby goes!
Shabby old clocks...even those that no longer work....are imperfectly perfect too!

And who says you can't bring in NEW shabby stuff????
Like frames....
Or mirrors...
or metal scrolly wall art...
Beauty...that's what these are in my eyes!

I'm linking to PINK SATURDAY

2 comments:

  1. I am with you! I love your door and would love one in my home. I adore anything peel-y and shabby and metal. I have gotten into a little bit of industrial décor. I live in a Victorian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, AnnMarie. I like the industrial décor, as well. Oh, I bet your Victorian is just lovely! Thanks for the comment!

    Many Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE blog visitors, so please leave me a message so I know you were here! I'll come visit you, as well! Chippy White Cottage Blessings, Rebecca