Wednesday, January 10, 2018

That Small Town Feeling

I've always lived in a small town.  It's the life for me.  I have been fortunate to travel some awesome places...many large cities...but my heart belongs to "small town living". 
For 52 years, I lived in the same small town...I grew up here and raised my boys here.  Just this past August, I found my cottage in a neighboring town...and yes, it is a small town too!
Every where I turn, there's a small town, and I like it that way.  I love the fact that I'm only around an hour from Nashville, TN, Chattanooga, TN, and Huntsville, AL for shopping and restaurants.  However, I am only minutes in all directions from quaint little towns like Tullahoma, Lynchburg, and Manchester.
Today after work, I needed to run an errand in Manchester...about 15 min. from work.  Luckily, this was one of my early days that I don't tutor after school.  So I decided to treat myself to a little small town fun...

Come with me, and let me show you what I mean...







High Cotton is a sweet shop that is in an old two story house.  The owners have worked hard to make this a showpiece, as well as, a sweet place to shop.  Here, you can find boutique type clothing and jewelry, as well as, great home furnishings with a farmhouse feel!

I fell in love with this Drug Store sign, and it sure didn't hurt that it was on sale either, so it came home with me!
After I left High Cotton, I decided I needed a bite to eat to fortify me, as I had a few other stops that I wanted to make.

So off I went to Jiffy Burger.  Now this place isn't much to look at from the outside...It is a most white building with a "drive in from yesteryear" in the back.  I ordered my usual tenderloin...because it is ahhhhmazing...with wonderful think crinkle-cut fries.  YUM!

I don't normally have dessert after my meals, but I was in the mood for some ice cream since the temps had actually warmed up for the high 50's.  LOL  Russell Stover is just a hop, skip, and a jump down the road, so that's where I headed.  I got rocky road ice cream in a waffle cone, and of course bought a few chocolates for later.

Next, I planned to check out a "new place-for me" called the Cracked Pot.




I was happy to find lots of farmhouse type décor.  I bought a magnolia leaf wreath for my den but I have plans for returning to this sweet shop in the near future!
As I wrapped up the afternoon and headed toward home, I was reminded of a country song that is popular at the moment called Home Town Boy.  I'm reminded of this song, not only because it is about a "small town boy" but because that small town boy grew up in my small hometown, whom I taught in preschool, and who went to school with my boys.  So I'm going to leave you with.....

Dustin Lynch's Small Town Boy.
Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Seems to be a perfect place for a good and peaceful life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that small town feeling perhaps that is because I was from a small town
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE blog visitors, so please leave me a message so I know you were here! I'll come visit you, as well! Chippy White Cottage Blessings, Rebecca