Saturday, July 13, 2019

Fun At The Falls

I always enjoy when my grangirl comes for a visit.  We have had such a good time this summer.  In my next few posts, I'll share some of the highlights.




On the Saturday after she arrived, I decided to take her on an outing to Falls Mill in Belvidere, TN...just about 15 minutes from my house.  I had not been to the falls since I was a little girl visiting my aunt and uncle that lived nearby.  
Falls Mill was built in 1873 as a cotton and woolen factory.  It was later converted for use as a cotton gin, then as a wood working shop and grist mill.  Today the mill, that is nestled in a cove along Factory Creek, is a Museum of Power and Industry.  The 32 foot waterwheel still powers machinery on four levels of the building.  There is also a Bed & Breakfast log cabin that is open all year long. 
It is really cool to be at the top of the waterwheel looking down.....
But it is even cooler to hike the trail down below and see the waterwheel at this angle!
Feeding the fish was a particular favorite!
And the waterfall, itself, is beautiful!
There's even a nice place to sit and have a picnic!
We enjoyed the inside of the mill, as well.  There were so many cool old things...like an old (working) telephone, a wonderfully working player piano, phonograph, spinning wheel, and much more!
It was such a great little outing for us!  
If you are ever in the area, you need to check it out!
So I have more adventures to tell about, so be sure to check back!

Cottage Blessings,
I'm linking to:

7 comments:

  1. Great photos of a charming place!! Looks like you had a wonderful day! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! It really was a wonderful day. Be sure to come back by...I have many more fun adventures to share!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a great time had by all! Dont you just love it when grandbabies get to visit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great pictures of an adorable time with yor sweet Grand!Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always a pleasure having you stop by!

      Delete
  4. However, the website of an individual holiday home is often lost in the mass of offers and is very difficult to find, as holidaymakers search for holiday regions and not specifically for a house or apartment that they do not yet know. luxury vacation rental Morgan Hill

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE blog visitors, so please leave me a message so I know you were here! I'll come visit you, as well! Chippy White Cottage Blessings, Rebecca