Our second day in Paris was a Saturday...perfect timing for the Flea Market!
Now, I don't speak any language except English, however, I learned a few phrases before the trip...enough to get by. It came in handy, but I was thrilled to find so many people that spoke English. I even came across one man that serenaded us while we shopped. He was very good-natured and poked a little fun at us southern belles...but in a nice way!
Are these gorgeous, or what??!!??
I adore these French books!!!
And lots of vintage French ephemera...
The teacher in me couldn't resist these!
How cute are they??!!??
These tins are the cutest! And lots of German and French stamps.
The doll lover in me couldn't pass up these adorable dolls!
How cute is this??!!?? I'm unhappy that when my bags were inspected at Customs, they chipped on edge of my box...and didn't put the piece back in so I could glue it back. :( I still love it!
Besides the flowers, I think this pin cushion is my favorite find! Stripes and velvet berries!!! What's not to LOVE!!??!!
Well, that sums up my purchases at the flea market. I thought I'd share a few tips for anyone that might be planning a trip to the Paris flea market some day.
* Take plenty of cash::: small bills/coins
* Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, take a bag or small backpack, don't forget a water bottle
* Don't be afraid to dicker....just don't insult them by going too low!!
* Ask if you can touch something but don't be afraid to dig through baskets and such if they have them loaded down
* Keep your belongings close to you ...especially your wallet/purse...and BE AWARE!!! There ARE pickpockets!!!
* Buy only things that you will have room in your luggage for! It's expensive to ship...but it can be done.
* Hint:: the VANVES FLEA MARKET is a very nice size with affordable goodies, unlike the HUGE Clignancourt (aka Le Marche' aux Puces de Saint-Ouen)
Merci de vous arrêter par mon blog! J'espère que vous avez apprécié le marché aux puces de Paris!
(Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoyed the Paris flea market!)
I'm linking up with::