Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Flea Market Finds: Worth The Wait!

You may remember one of my posts from last month about not getting to go to the flea market due to weather...Well, my bestie and I made it to the Nashville Flea Market this past weekend...and it was worth the wait!
We are always there for a few hours and find some good treasures.  However this month, we found an unbelievable amount...and we closed the place down!
Would you like to see some of my wonderful. treasures?  Oh, I knew you would say, "YES!"  So let's take a look then!!!
I adore Frozen Charlottes/Charlies. These sweet bisque dolls happily join the others in my collection. If you are creeped out by dolls, you might want to steer clear of these. They come with a morbid tale attached!
The name of the doll originates from the American folk ballad "Fair Charlotte", based on the poem "A Corpse Going to a Ball" which tells of a young girl called Charlotte who refused to wrap up warmly to go on a sleigh ride because she did not want to cover up her pretty dress, so she froze to death during the journey. So, if you don't like old dolls, or are creeped out about the tale of a corpse that arrived at the ball, then that just leaves more for me!
I adore the little dolls that were so popular during the Victorian era!
And while we are on the subject of dolls, I found this beautiful vintage porcelain doll pin cushion...two things in one that I collect! 
She is simply lovely!
Finding vintage millinery flowers on an outing is always a PLUS!  You can never have enough of these tattered lovelies, in my opinion!
Look how scrumptious this faded, frayed flowers are!
Positively perfect in every way!
When you are lucky enough to find some great BLING pieces at wonderful prices....you scoop them up!  These sparkly beauties will find their way into many of my crafting projects!
And speaking of BLING...and you know how I adore letters and words around my cottage...look at this precious jeweled "R" for Rebecca! 
I'm going to put it in the middle of this shabby white frame that I picked up also on my new gallery wall...that I have yet to start...LOL
And of course I had to get a "K' for my grangirl.  This will hang in her room here at Gramma's house.  I think she will love it!
A cottage with two pups...and a huge collection of dogs....needs a wonderful chalkware doggy. 
It was love at first sight, and I knew this little cutie was coming home with me!
And speaking of dogs....How stinkin' cute is this doggy peeking out at everyone?!?
This definitely made me.....
And last but not least....
I found some Dawn dolls...the ones that I played with back in the early 70's...the ones that I have been telling my grangirl about....the ones I told her I would buy for her when I found some in good shape that I could actually afford!  lol
And here they are.....
Angie and Dawn...just two of the many in the Dawn and Co. collection.  I was lucky enough to find these two with a bunch of shoes, go-go boots, several outfits, and a hairbrush....ALL for $15!  I was thrilled, to put it mildly!  I can't wait to give them to my *K* girl!  She's going to love them just like I did!

There is one picture I am missing...and it is a pic of my star and small ladder...made from tobacco sticks.  I accidently left them in my bestie's car, so I will get them in a couple of day and definitely take pics to share.  As you can see...it was a fabulous day at the Nashville Flea Market!  I look forward to another trip next month.
I'm Linking To.....

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a successful trip. I think the Charlotte dolls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday, Rebecca. Thank you for joining us and sharing.

    Girl, I would love to have gone shopping with you. You got amazing finds, and it seems you and I like a lot of the same things.

    This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one that caught my eye".♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds!
    Thank so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE blog visitors, so please leave me a message so I know you were here! I'll come visit you, as well! Chippy White Cottage Blessings, Rebecca