Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Post-Christmas Blues Gotcha Down?

I don't know about you, but I get kind of down after Christmas.  I plan and plan for months...shopping for just the right presents, wrapping them all up, put up decorations, planning my Christmas menu...etc...etc..  Then in a blink of the eye, the presents are opened and the food is all eaten.  The Christmas tree looks sad without the presents underneath.  Then comes the dreaded task of taking down the lights, trees, and decorations and boxing them all up for next year.  It is surely enough to get most of us down!

So how do you beat the post-Christmas blues?
Well, I've got a few suggestions....


Start a Christmas Memories Book

What better time to record the memories of this Christmas than right after it's over.  This way, it is all fresh in your memory, and you can get it all penned before the memories fade.  Each year, you can add to the memory book, as well as, revisit Christmas pasts!

Make Upcoming Plans
It's always fun to have something to look forward to!  So start making plans for something in the near future.  It can be something as simple as roasting hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire pit, wine and cheese night with friends, or a girls' night out!

Redecorate a Room
For me, this is something that I do often anyway....it's just what I thrive on! lol
You don't have to go out and buy all new furniture or décor.  Just move things from one room to another!  Give a vintage item a new purpose, buy one thing for the room and create around it, just rearrange the furniture.  This always makes me HAPPY!!!  How about working on a Gallery Wall?  That will keep you busy for a bit and give you something to look forward to working on for a while.  Check out my post here.

Craft a New Year's Memory Jar
You might remember one of my previous posts where I created a Memory Jar for the New Year.  If not, you can find the blog post here.  It's fun to fill it for the year, and then read through all of the cards on New Year's Eve the next year!

I hope these ideas will help you out if you are down in the dumps after Christmas!  Keep it Merry and Bright....all through the year.
Cottage Blessings,


2 comments:

  1. You have great ideas I think after Christmas is a downer too. I'm luckly I have a trip to plan , We are going with my sister and her husband and mine to Cadiz Spain for Three months .We leave January 31
    HPS Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Laura. I hope you have an awesome trip!!!

      Delete

I LOVE blog visitors, so please leave me a message so I know you were here! I'll come visit you, as well! Chippy White Cottage Blessings, Rebecca