Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Blogging Through the Years...

So....this post is dedicated to my blogging through the years....

I thought I'd share some of my fav FINDS, BLOG PARTIES, VIGNETTES, ETC.

I began my first blog, Our Back Porch in October 2007.  My focus was just what it still is today....decorating and home.  Since I was of a young age, I took a great interest in home decorating.  In high school, that is really what I wanted to be when I "grew up"!  I had a typing teacher in high school whom I adored, and I found out that she use to do just that.  I did a report on home design, and I interviewed her as one of my sources.  I found out quickly that it would be quite hard to enter this career and remain in the small town in which I lived.  I really didn't have a desire to move to a big city, so I put this idea to rest....however, it was a part of me....a BIG....CONSISTENT...PART. 

From the moment I had my very first apartment, I spent so much time decorating and redecorating.  When I married, and we bought our first home, I decorated and redecorated....and I've been decorating ever since!!!
"Country Decorating" was all the rage when I first married.  I bought every decorating magazine as soon as it came out on the stands!  I frequented antique shops, yard sales, flea markets, etc. and soon filled our home with all sorts of goodies from yesteryear!  The decorating mags back then had a pen pal section.  I soon made friends interested in the same décor...some of which are still friends today...and we would pack monthly boxes of goodies for each other!  One of the most exciting times was when my pen pal request was printed in one of the mags!  It was one of the best times in my life! 
Over the years, my taste has changed more into Shabby Chic.  I still ADORE anything old, rusty, chippy and such but I lean more toward the "chic" part than the "country". 
I do have to admit that I still have Americana and such tucked away in boxes from early in my marriage.

I also realize, I crafted way more during my "Back Porch" days than now during my "Chippy White Cottage" days. 

Hmmmmm....
But maybe because I had such a wonderful Craft Room back then.

Now....I am single again and enjoying decorating even more than EVER! 
Of course my blog is now called Chippy White Cottage, and started here on August 16, 2015. My empty nest (which gets lonely from my boys being adults now) stays in order more than ever but I do long for those messier times when my boys were young!

I do still find time to craft some.  And I do have to say that I have made some beautiful vintage Christmas wreaths since then!  Take a look....
This was my very first one....and still my very favorite one!
This one is special because I made it for my precious grangirl!
I made this one for my bestie.  She loved it!
This was a fun, whimsical one!  I still have this one.

Over the years there have been Blog Parties!


A little cooking and baking...



Tea Parties with my precious grangirl...

 Lots of Collections!




A bunch of swapping!



And I a whole lot of decorating!


Life with 2 precious pups!!

And I only expect it to get BETTER!
I'm linking to PINK SATURDAY.

Hey!  Thanks for sticking with me this long post and taking a walk with me down Memory Blog Lane!

http://www.chippywhitecottage.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. It's good to look back and see where you were and where you are. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, Carol...and for taking the time to comment! That makes me smile! Many Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O MY!! what a fantastic post sharing your blogging history!! Loved it!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to let me know that you did!!
    Hugs.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I enjoy decorating but haven't blogged in awhile. Hope I can get back into it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday, Rebecca. I am so glad you joined us to share your blogging memories. Thank you for making Pink Saturday special.♥

    This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one that caught my eye".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I am so honored, Beverly! Thank you SO MUCH! I adore Pink Saturday and all the participants!!!

      Delete

I LOVE blog visitors, so please leave me a message so I know you were here! I'll come visit you, as well! Chippy White Cottage Blessings, Rebecca